Re-register a previously recognized student organization/club:
The re-registration process opened August 17th on MataSync and will close October 29th. To save yourself time, please gather all of this information and forms in advance. If you have to leave the form or was not able to complete your registration for some reason, you can return to the automatically saved submission; please click on your icon at the top right corner of the screen. Click Submissions and select the third tab in the center of the screen titled Organization Registrations. This option will allow you to choose the re-registration that you wish to continue and complete. Please watch this Re-registration Orientation Video before beginning the Re-registration Process.
STEP 1: Take C.O.A.S.T.
- In this step, the University Advisor, President, and Treasurer of the organization will take our annual Club/Organization Alcohol Safety Training.
- It is essential to complete this step BEFORE you start to register your club on MataSync. These forms must be completed in MataSync separately by your University Advisor, President, and Treasurer, on their personal MataSync accounts; this form will collect their account information.
- All three positions will use the same form: COAST for Advisor, President, and Treasurer
Step 2: Create Your Membership Roster
- This roster will need to be uploaded to MataSync during the registration process.
- You will need accurate information (First & Last Name, CSUN Email, & Position Title) of your organization officers (*President, Vice President, *Treasurer, Secretary, and 5th Officer). These officers should ensure that they are eligible to hold office, based on the requirements for undergraduate & graduate student leaders. Your registration will be denied because we do check the eligibility of each officer. If denied, for this reason, we are unable to reveal this information in support of confidentiality — view Eligibility Requirements.
- All student organizations are required to have a minimum of 5 members (President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, and 5th Officer)
- Use this Excel Sheet as a template for your roster. Student Eligibility Roster Download Please note: Each position must have a distinctive individual for each role. There can not be any duplicates.
- Once your re-registration is approved you will need to update your membership roster in your student organization portal in MataSync.
Step 3: Update your University Advisor Information
- You will need to know your advisors First & Last name, CSUN Email Address, Department Name, Phone Number/4-digit extension, and Campus Mail Code (this is a four-digit #)
- If you cannot reach your advisor or have trouble finding one in this current virtual environment, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Step 4: If you have an Off-Campus Bank Account and Haven’t Gotten Approval, get a Copy of Your Organizations Off-Campus Banking Requirement Letter.
- You can find the policy on this requirement on pages 46 & 47 of our Clubs & Organizations Resource Guide.
- If your organization is required by your national office to have an off-campus bank account, have the official letter ready to upload to MataSync during re-registration.
Step 5: Re-registration on MataSync
- In this step, you should have your minimum of 5 Executive Board Members established, Advisor information identified, constitution created, off-campus banking requirement letter, and C.O.A.S.T completed.
- Only the President of the student organization can complete the Re-registration process; If this position needs to be updated, please use this Access to MataSync Form.
- This is not an instant process, as your profile needs to be approved by a member of the Matador Involvement Center. If you are denied, you will be provided the rationale as to why your profile cannot be approved at this time in the discussion section.
- If you are approved, you are officially University Recognized.
Step 6: Attend the SHINE Leadership Conference
- The SHINE conference will launch on October 4th, this will not prevent your re-registration from being approved prior to the launch date. Once SHINE is open you will have until Oct 30th to complete SHINE to maintain that approval. SHINE is a required recognition conference for all student organizations on campus. The President or Treasurer of each student organization must complete this requirement; but all student leaders are welcome to participate. You can find the required information on the SHINE Leadership Conference Webpage