Take on a challenge and win BIG! Each challenge is uniquely designed to encourage SRC members to engage in fitness activities in order to reach the ultimate goal and be entered to win some awesome prizes. For more information, review the challenge details for each available challenge.
SRC Fitness Challenges
2019 New Year New You Fitness Challenge, Feb. 4 – March 31
New Year New You is back at the Student Recreation Center!
Monday, Feb. 4 – March 31
Start 2019 the right way by working toward your fitness resolutions during this exciting eight-week incentive program. Just complete specified activities in essential goal areas: Cardio, Strength or Restorative! Perform eligible activities at the SRC and Oasis during the challenge to rack up points you can redeem for a New Year New You t-shirt, raffle entries and more.
- Sign up through the SRC Challenges Portal during the challenge period.
- Complete eligible activities in the Cardio Endurance, Muscular Strength, Power and Endurance and Restorative goal categories to earn one point.
- Participants can earn a daily maximum of one point per goal, or three points overall. Completion of the Bonus activity will earn participants a one-time award of five additional points.
- All activities must be completed at the SRC and Oasis Wellness Center and submitted through the SRC Challenges Portal the same day by 11:59 p.m.
- Winners will be randomly selected by Tuesday, April 2. If a winner does not claim their prize by Tuesday, April 9, a new winner will be drawn.
Participants are eligible for the listed raffle entries and prizes upon completion of the following minimum point requirements.
Level 1: 25 Points
- Receive a commemorative NYNY t-shirt (while supplies last).
- One raffle entry to win one of our NYNY Starter Packs (two packs available).
Level 2: 50 Points
- One raffle entry to win a Get Fit Starter Pack (two packs available).
Level 3: 80 Points
- One raffle entry to win a Wellness Essentials Pack.
Grand Prize Winners
All participants who reach Level 1 will be entered in the Grand Prize Raffle for a chance to win a CSUN Starter Pack.
Visit the SRC Challenges Portal to sign up and view a complete list of rules, eligible activities and raffle prizes. Step up to the challenge and ring in the New Year with a New YOU at the SRC…Where Matadors Play!
2019 Spring Swim Challenge: Team Edition, April 2 – May 6
Take the Challenge to Win and Stay Fit this Spring at the SRC!
Tuesday, April 2 – Monday, May 6
The Student Recreation Center Aquatics Department is inviting all members to swim for the distance of their choice this spring during the SRC Swim Challenge: Team Edition. Grab a friend and splash into shape at the Rec and Plaza Pools for your chance to win cool prizes and giveaways. The more you swim, the more you can win!
- Participants must complete their laps within the indicated five-week time period.
- Teams can record a maximum of 2,000 yards each (total 4,000) per day.
- Participation must take place at either the Rec or Plaza Pools. Participants cannot input laps swam elsewhere.
- The first five teams to swim 100,000 yards wins the first place price, with subsequent finishers placing second, third, fourth and fifth.
- Participants can log their workout using the SRC Challenges Portal. Each participant will have to manually input their daily yards as well.
- Weekly punch passes will be handed out for each week of the challenge. Participants must have an on-duty lifeguard initial their pass for the laps completed each day. Participants can pick up new punch passes for the start of the week at both the Rec and Plaza Pools.
- Teams who input 4,000 yards per day will complete the challenge on Day 25 (Friday, April 26). The first team to reach the cumulative 100,000 yard mark on Day 25 will be awarded first place. Guards from both pools will communicate with the winners and mark the place each team came in on their final punch pass.
- 1st Place — $75 CUSN Campus Store Gift Card
- 2nd Place — $50 CSUN Campus Store Gift Card
- 3rd Place — $25 CSUN Campus Store Gift Card
- 4th & 5th Place — SRC Towel Service (Fall 2019)
There will also be giveaways for those who reach the following distance milestones:
- 20K yds (400 Laps Each) — Sunglasses
- 60K yds (1,200 Laps Each) — Keychain Sunscreen
- 100K yds (2,000 Laps Each) — Aquatics Mesh Bag
Sign up on the SRC Challenges Portal to take on the SRC’s Swim Challenge: Team Edition, beginning Tuesday, April 2 and get ready to go the distance!
2019 Spring Cardio Party Challenge, April 8 –21
Join in on the festivities during the Cardio Party Challenge at the SRC!
Monday, April 8 – Sunday, April 21
The Student Recreation Center (SRC) of the University Student Union invites you to break a sweat and have fun while taking our exciting new cardio equipment for a spin during the Cardio Party Challenge! You’ll have the chance to win a variety of awesome prizes while getting a great workout by helping the SRC reach our “Sweat Goal” of 1,000 total workouts by the end of the challenge. The more workouts you complete, the more special prizes you can win during our raffle. Get the party started by taking on the Cardio Party Challenge at the SRC… Where Matadors Play!
- The challenge is open to all SRC members with an active membership. Non-student employees of the SRC may participate, but are not eligible to win any available grand prizes.
- SRC members must register by Sunday, April 21 and complete at least one workout during the challenge period to be eligible for any prizes.
- Registered participants who complete a workout on any piece of cardio equipment in the facility during the program period may claim a raffle ticket to be entered into the grand prize drawing at any training zone desk.
- Eligible workouts must be at least five or more minutes in length to receive a raffle ticket.
- Registered participants must place their CSUN ID number and date on the back of the raffle ticket before turning it in. A maximum of three raffle tickets per participant per day.
Based on the total number of workouts completed during the challenge period, the following prizes will be raffled off:
- 200 Workouts — 100 SRC Guest Passes
- 400 Workouts — One pair of tickets to the Aquarium of the Pacific and AMC Movie Theater
- 600 Workouts — Two Summer 2019 SRC Memberships
- 800 Workouts — One ten-session Personal Training/Personal Instruction Package
- 1,000 Workouts — One $150 CSUN Campus Store Gift Card
Winners will be contacted by Tuesday, April 23 and must claim their prize no later than Tuesday, April 30. In the event, a winner does not claim their prize by the deadline, a new winner will be drawn.