The following information is for Fall 2019 freshmen entering their second semester at CSUN in Spring 2020.
Freshmen must meet with a Hub advisor prior to enrolling in their Spring 2020 classes. The advisement period for the Spring semester will begin on September 23, 2019. In order to schedule an advisement appointment, students must first complete the following Hub Online Workshops in Canvas:
- CSUN Policies Every Matador Should Know
- Understanding your Degree Progress Report (DPR) - Video
To meet the Hub Online Workshop requirement, students must successfully pass a quiz and submit the Hub Completion Survey at the conclusion of the online workshop.
Access the Hub Online Workshop by following these steps:
- Visit the Matador Advising Hub Advisement Workshops in Canvas.
- Log in using your CSUN username and password.
- Click "Enroll in Course" then "Go to your Dashboard" to select The HUB canvas page.
After completing the online workshop, be sure to submit the Hub Completion Survey. Once the Hub receives your completion survey, you will receive an invitation via your CSUN email (ending with my.csun.edu) to schedule your appointment using our online appointment making system. The appointment invitations will be sent out on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The appointment scheduling invitation might end up in junk/spam/clutter so please check these folders if you do not see the invitation in your inbox.
To avoid disenrollment from classes, students must pay all tuition and fees by established dates/deadlines. Please visit Fee Payment Schedule.
Note: Disenrollment means that your registration in some or all classes, including wait listed classes will be cancelled. There is no guarantee that you will be able to re-enroll in the same classes.
1. When does the Spring 2020 advisement period begin for freshmen?
Beginning September 23rd, students may schedule their second semester freshmen advisement. Please be sure to check your CSUN email account (ending with @my.csun.edu) for an important message regarding the Spring 2020 advisement process. The same information is available on the Hub main home page.
2. When will I be able to enroll in my Spring 2020 classes?
The registration period for most Fall 2019 first-time freshmen begins November 4, 2019 and continues through December 10th. Please check your myNorthridge Portal for your assigned registration date. Students may register anytime on their assigned registration date and time or thereafter. Freshmen must complete the Hub Online workshop requirement and meet with a Hub Academic Advisor prior to enrolling in Spring 2020 classes.
3. Will I enroll in my Spring 2020 classes during my advisement session?
The advisement session will focus on your academic progress, courses you should enroll in for Spring 2020, and resources available to you for your academic success at CSUN. Students will enroll in their Spring 2020 classes on their own on their assigned registration date as listed on their myNorthridge Portal.
4. I am registered with the Center on Disabilities (DRES) or National Center on Deafness (NCOD). Do I need to meet with a Hub Advisor before enrolling in my Spring 2020 semester?
Freshmen registered with DRES and NCOD must meet with their Hub Advisor prior to enrolling in their Spring 2020 classes. Please call us at (818) 677-2900 or stop by at Extended University Commons (EU) 150 to schedule a 60 minute appointment.
5. What should I do to prepare for my advisement session?
A current copy of your Degree Progress Report (DPR) is required to meet with your Hub Advisor. A tutorial on how to print your DPR is available online. Please be sure to make a list of your questions prior to your advisement session.
6. Will I be asked to reschedule my advisement session if I do not arrive on time?
We ask that you arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of your advisement session to check in. Students who arrive late may be asked to reschedule.
7. Can a third party attend the advisement session?
Students must sign a consent form so that a third party may attend the advisement session with the student.
8. I am an EOP Fall 2019 freshman. Who do I contact regarding my advisement?
All EOP freshmen are served by the Student Services Center/EOP Satellite housed in their respective academic college. Exploratory EOP freshmen are served by the Advising Resource Center/EOP.
9. I am participating in the Liberal Studies Integrated Teacher Education Program (ITEP)-Freshmen Option. Who do I contact regarding my advisement?
Students participating in the ITEP-Freshman Option are served by the Liberal Studies Program located in EA 100. Students majoring in all other options of Liberal Studies are served by the Matador Advising Hub throughout their first year at CSUN.
10. I am a student athlete. Who do I contact regarding my advisement?
Student athletes are served by the Matador Achievement Center located in Bayramian Hall (BH) 240.
11. I need help activating my CSUN email account. What should I do?
Please visit Information Technology for detailed instructions on how to activate your CSUN email account. Be sure to check your CSUN email account regularly for important deadlines and information.