To learn how to get started with Zoom, visit: csun.edu/it/zoom. Videos highlighting the features are available on this site. For more questions on Zoom, contact the Faculty Technology Center at:email@example.com. You can also, download Zoom for your computer or mobile device, or select “Host a Meeting” above. Use the app or webpage to start, join, or schedule meetings.
System Requirements for PC and Mac
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or HD webcam - built-in or USB plug-in
- Or, a HD cam or HD camcorder with video capture card
Supported Operating Systems
- Mac OS X with MacOS 10.6.8 /(Snow Leopard) or later
- Windows 10
- Windows 8 or 8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista with SP1 or later
- Windows XP with SP3 or later
Supported Tablet and Mobile Devices
- Windows: IE7+, Firefox, Chrome, Safari5+, Opera12+
- Mac: Safari5+, Firefox, Chrome
Processor and RAM RequirementsMinimumRecomended
Processor Single Core 1Ghz or Higher Dual Core 2Ghz or Higher (i3/i5/i7 or AMD equivalent) RAM N/A 4Gb
High DPI Support
- High DPI displays are support in Zoom version 3.5 or higher
The bandwidth used by Zoom will be optimized for the best experience based on the participants’ network. It will automatically adjust for 3G, WiFi or Wired environments.
- For 1:1 video calling: 600kbps (up/down) for HQ video and 1.2 Mbps (up/down) for HD video
- For group video calling: 600kbps/1.2Mbps (up/down) for HQ video. For gallery view: 1.5Mbps/1.5Mbps (up/down).
- For screen sharing only (no video thumbnail): 50-75kbps
- For screen sharing with video thumbnail: 50-150kbps
- For audio VoiP: 60-80kbps
HD Camera Suggestions
USB Speakerphone and Microphone
Note: Devices support vary with systems. Please test them first.
*Requirement list courtesy of Zoom.
For assistance, contact the Faculty Technology Center at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Zoom Help Center offers an extensive library of resources for all users. We have compiled some of the top videos to get started. The videos are on the right-hand side under Top Videos to Get Started.
The Zoom Help Center offers an extensive library of resources for all users. You can also contact the IT Help Center.