Applications were due Sunday, March 8th, 2020 and required:
(1) a 10-25 page slide deck *or*
5-7 page executive summary, AND
(2) a video not to exceed 2 minutes.
The Fine Print: Rules & Eligibility
1) The competition is open to ALL current CSUN students.
2) The competition is intended for student-created, -managed, and -owned ventures.
3) Teams must be comprised of at least 2 members.
4) At least 50% of team members must be current CSUN students as of the 2019-2020 academic year (Fall 2019 graduates eligible). The "pitch" must be delivered by a CSUN student.
5) Businesses currently earning >$15K in annual revenue are not eligible.
6) Business that have already raised >$50K in funding from outside sources are not eligible.
7) Both for-profit and non-profit business concepts are eligible; however, sources of revenue must be addressed.
8) An individual may only be a member of one team.
9) 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners from past Bull Ring Competitions are not eligible.
About CSUN's Entrepreneurship Program
The Entrepreneurship Program at the Nazarian College complements our students’ inherent energy and creativity with the skills and knowledge necessary to evaluate the feasibility of an idea and ultimately pitch, launch, and grow a new venture. Whether planning to create a business or bringing the entrepreneurial mindset to a larger organization, the program prepares students to confidently present to an audience while developing a strong action-bias and a willingness to experiment.