University Park Vacating Instructions
- Step One: Clean your apartment. Take out the trash and recycling. Empty the fridge and pantry of any perishable items. You will be billed for cleaning/repair of anything that is excessive.
- Step Two: If you have a holiday tree, make sure to dispose of it by putting a large trash bag or tree bag over the tree and taking it out to the dumpster (this prevents needles from being strewn in the hall and stairwells). Only sweep, DO NOT vacuum, pine needles that have fallen on your floor. Pine needles and vacuums can cause a fire. Please make sure to remove your tree before you leave for the break. If you do not remove your tree before leaving for break, our staff may have to remove your tree at your cost and we are not responsible for your decorations. We would not want a fire to break out! Please don't put canned snow on glass or windows as it permanently damages the window frames. Also, use caution with exterior holiday lights. Do not disassemble patio light fixture to put colored lights inside. The wrong size bulb could cause a fire.
- Step Three: Secure your apartment/unit. Make sure to lock all doors and windows and secure valuable belongings. Make sure your bicycle is also secure. Thieves look for every opportunity to steal, particularly when there are less people present on a college campus. Don't give them that opportunity. Also, turn your thermostat off and turn off all lights and appliances (including alarm clocks) to conserve energy and for safety reasons. Finally, if you have fish, please take them with you.
- Step Four: If you have an empty space in your bedroom, make sure that you leave the empty bed-space and corresponding furniture, closet, and cabinet space EMPTY and CLEAN. Failure to do so will result in cleaning charges as well as removal of your belongings from these spaces. CSUN is not responsible for loss or damage of items that need to be moved by our staff.
- Step Five: When you are ready to leave, check your mailbox and remove any mail.
University Village Apartments Vacating Instructions
Clean your apartment thoroughly and be sure no trash or personal belongings are left behind inside your apartment, outside on your patio or balcony area and the common areas of the University Village Apartments complex.
Refer to your license agreement section IV.A. Maintenance of Premises. Excluding normal wear and tear, additional charges shall be assessed to Licensee for extraordinary cleaning or damages.
Notify the following utility companies that you will be leaving the University Village Apartments and will need to disconnect service. Be sure your final bill is forwarded to your new address.
- Gas Company - (800) 427-2200 - disconnect notice must be submitted before check out.
- Department of Water and Power (800) 342-5397- disconnect notice must be submitted before check out.
- Time Warner/Spectrum (888) 892-2253 - If you have additional package TV channels, internet and/or home phone service, you will need to disconnect your service.
Update your address in your myNorthridge portal in order to receive any refunds that are due to you. Additionally, you will need to set up your mail forwarding by going to the Student Housing Portal and click on the link called "Setup a Forwarding Address." If Student Housing receives your mail after you vacate and no forwarding address is on file; all mail received, including packages, will be returned to sender until a forwarding address is set up. If you have any questions regarding this please contact the Mail room at (818) 677-2686.
Return your key card(s) and mail key(s) to the Student Housing Office during normal business hours Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. If you are scheduled to move out on a weekend or holiday and are unable to drop off your keys on the next business day, you will need to contact the Student Housing Office at (818) 677-2160 to make arrangements to turn in your keys. Otherwise, your keys must be returned by the next business day following your check out and cancellation date to avoid being charged $25 for each key and $100 improper checkout to your account. Your account will not be adjusted until your keys are returned. Plan your move accordingly!!
If you have a gate opener you will need to return this to the Parking Services Window at the Department of Police Services located on Darby Ave. and Prairie St. and request the return of your $25 deposit. Upon leaving your apartment make sure all windows in your apartment are locked tight; all lights; water; gas and AC are turned off and your door is shut tight.
Upon the inspection of your unit by Operations, your security deposit will be refunded to you. However, any remaining balance on our University Student Account or assessed maintenance charges will be deducted from your security deposit before being refunded. Lastly, please check your student account for any adjustments that may be made.